Friday 26 October 2018

TESTIMONY 65

TESTIMONY 65

Name: Mr. Charles 
Surname: Jegunta 
Date & Place of Birth: 70 years old, Telaprolu 
Address: Telaprolu Village, Unguturu Mandal, Krishna District, Andhra Pradesh State 
Relationship: Direct Witness 
Date of Written Witness: 2006

My name is Charles Jegunta. I can truthfully bear witness to two incidents in the last days of Brother Joseph Thamby. One, when I was 15 years old, I came to Avutapalli to watch the drama (skit). I was feeling hungry and taking the freedom that I had with Brother Joseph Thamby, I went to him and asked him for something to eat. He gave me green grams and I ate them. He wanted to go to Manikonda with 10 boys and I was one among them. I remember that due to the high level of water in the river a tall person carried Brother Joseph Thamby on his shoulder and crossed the river. He stayed there for a week. 

Second, from Manikonda village, he proceeded to Marreedu village. There he fell ill with fever and came to the house of Boyapati Francis and Claramma. Hearing of his illness we 12 boys went to visit him. We saw him lying on a cot, talked with him and came back home. Within a week I heard that Brother Joseph Thamby expired. Every year, his death anniversary is celebrated. 

Mr. Charles Jegunta 
2006

No comments:

Post a Comment