Monday 22 October 2018

TESTIMONY 69

TESTIMONY 69

Name: Ms. Arogyamma 
Surname: Nagadesi 
Date & Place of Birth: 23-02-1929, Kesarapally 
Address: Calderaro Nagar, Peddavutapally Village, Unguturu Mandal, Krishna District, Andhra Pradesh State 
Relationship: Direct Witness 
Date of Written Witness: 2006 

My name is Nagadesi Arogyamma. I can truly bear witness that the Servant of God, Brother Joseph Thamby was a man of strong feeling and intense love. With utter sincerity, he took steps to pacify those who are disturbed. Let me state one of my experiences. Before my marriage, I was acquainted with him. After my marriage, one day, Brother Joseph Thamby met me near the parish Church and asked me to buy some rice and green gram for him. I went to the shop, bought them and stored them in a pot as Brother Joseph Thamby asked me to do. The next day, I came to the Church to meet him after the Mass. 

Seeing Brother Joseph Thamby walking fast towards his house, I followed him. I was not aware that was Friday and asked him to pay back the money for the grains which I bought for him. Brother Joseph Thamby looked at me with great anger and went into the room. Quickly, he brought the grains that werestored in a pot there. To my surprise he broke the pot in front of me and went back to the room. I was very much frightened and my body started shivering. My friends who were with me told, ‘Today is Friday why did you disturb him?’ I said ‘sorry’ and went back to my house. 

The next morning Brother Joseph Thamby came to my house to give the price of the grains. He stood in front of my house and called me by my name and asked me to come out of the house. Since I was afraid, I did not come out of the room. He called me a second time by my name and I came out shivering. Then he asked me ‘Are you frightened of me? Don’t be afraid.’ I begged pardon of him. Then he promised me, ‘In your struggles and tribulations you need just to remember me and all your struggles will be taken off from you’. This promise of Brother Joseph Thamby truly gave me great comfort and strength in the later life. 

Mr. Antony Nimmagadda 
2006

No comments:

Post a Comment