Saturday 15 December 2018

TESTIMONY 16

TESTIMONY 16

Name: Ms. Mariamma 
Surname: Dayala 
Date of Birth: 15 June 1923 
Profession / Occupation: Coolie (daily labour) 
Address: Dayala Mariamma, Vatluru Village, PO, Eluru, West Godavari District , Andhra Pradesh State 
Relationship: Direct Witness; native of Vatluru village. She met Brother Joseph Thamby in Vatluru when he visited the village at the invitation of Fr. George Kudilingal, the parish priest.

I was 12 years old. I used to go to the church every day for Mass and for learning Latin songs. Fr. Jeenan and Fr. George used to celebrate holy Mass every day. One day a man [Brother Joseph Thamby] with shabby beard torn clothes came to Vatluru. He was there for few days. One day, I accompanied Brother Joseph Thamby to visit Nandigam Abraham and Ruthamma. Ruthamma was pregnant. Brother Joseph Thamby prayed over her and prophesied that she would bear male child and she should name him Francis. It happened as he said. At present Francis is settled in Eluru. 

Next day, along with Brother Joseph Thamby, we visited all the houses in the parish village. We saw Gujjula Jwannesu was narrating the story (Ramayana) to the people. By seeing Brother Joseph Thamby, all people went away from there. Gujjula Jwannesu stayed back. Brother Joseph Thamby asked him to open his mouth and made the sign of the Cross. The he lost his speech. Next day all his family came for Mass and requested Brother Joseph Thamby to give back the speech. Again he made the sign of the Cross and Gujjula Jwannesu regained his speech. 

On the third day, after the Mass, as I was coming out from the Church, he called me and asked where the shops are. I told him that Buggala Sayubu, Madaru Sayubu and Chota Sayubu shops are nearby. Then Brother Joseph Thamby gave me two anas and told me to buy cucumbers. As I was leaving, gave me something powder like and asked me to eat. As I was hesitating to take it, he himself put that powder in my mouth and it tasted very sweet. Then I went to buy the cucumbers. I bought and gave to Brother Joseph Thamby. Surprisingly, they became very hard like stones, but when he broke and gave me a piece, it was soft as cotton. 

These three days, I participated Mass along with Brother Joseph Thamby. Now I feel very happy and healthy that I stayed with the holy man.  

Dayala Mariamma

Dayala Mariamma

No comments:

Post a Comment