Monday 24 December 2018

TESTIMONY 7

TESTIMONY 7

Name: Fr. Joseph
Surname: Nellikunnam
Date & Place of Birth: 89 years old, Pondicherry
Date & Place of Birth: 89 years old, Pondicherry
Profession / Occupation: Retired Priest
Address: Emmaus Old Age Home, Pondicherry (Puducherry) 
Relationship: Direct Witness
Date of Interview: 24 September 2009

Servant of God, Brother Joseph Thamby had great love and respect for priests. In 1941, I saw Brother Joseph Thamby for the first time at T.R. Pattanam, one of the sub-stations of Pondicherry parish. He had come there to attend Holy Mass. The people knew him earlier and were talking about him that he was an extra-ordinary person. Out of curiosity, I went and spoke with him. He spoke to me many remarkable things, but due to my old age and poor memory, now I can’t remember them.

Moved by divine spirit, Brother Joseph Thamby used to give spiritual advice. I am happy to mention one thing that impressed me very much; that is quite fresh in my memory even today. He told me: ‘A priest should never talk worldly matters; should be careful not to be distracted with mundane things; a holy priest will pray at least 15 minutes as preparation for celebrating the Holy Mass’. His words are fresh and alive in my heart and my life. This is why I love Brother Joseph Thamby very much.


No comments:

Post a Comment