Sunday 18 November 2018

TESTIMONY 43

TESTIMONY 43

Name: Mr. Suryanarayana 
Surname: Mamilla 
Name of Wife: Mangamma Mamilla 
Profession / Occupation: Cloth Merchant, Tailor 
Date & Place of Birth: Kesarapally Village 
Address: Kesarapally Village, Vijayawada, Krishna District, Andhra Pradesh State 
Relationship: Direct Witness 
Date of Written Witness: 1968

In 1942, Brother Joseph Thamby came to my shop asking to stitch one torn sack. I was busy with some other works and so he himself stitched on the machine. He asked for food and I took him to my house and my wife gave him food. As he was eating, there was a dog near him and half of the meals he gave to the dog. 

I realized him as a great man and gave shelter in my house. He stayed with us for three days. I have cloth business and tailoring shop. I have no children. I am a Hindu and devoted person. Every day night, I had the habit of participating in the Hindu chants at the temple. One day, Thamby asked me to stay back, but I went to the temple not caring his request. Since I was not at home, he also went away. On another day, he came and told that he was going to Himalayas for meditation. Since I am also devoted, I expressed my desire to go with him. He advised me that it is not good to leave the family and the business. He told that he would return back. 

In three years’ time, I have constructed a nice bungalow. One day, Brother Joseph Thamby came in front of the building and stood there looking at me. I have not observed him and was talking with someone. Then he greeted me. This time he was wearing saffron color clothes and had a beard. That is why I could not recognize him at first. 

“You have built a nice house” he said and then he came inside and sat. He took water and drank. My wife then asked him, ‘you have come to us after long time; since three years you have not come; where did you go?’ Brother Joseph Thamby said, “After taking leave from you, I have started my journey to Himalayas for meditation. I went very far through forests. On one night, three persons came with an angel and brought me back. They told me that I required no meditation and my time was nearing. The prompted me to go and take residence in Peddavutapally. That is why I came back.” He told that he was staying in Peddavutapally. We asked him to take meals, but he asked either for fruits or milk. We gave him some fruits. In return he asked us to take fruit. I refused to take but my wife took one. 

We had no children at that time and we expressed the same thing to him. He said that why we did not ask for this favour till now. He told that he gave the favour in Vuyyuru, Vallurupalem and to Boyapati family in Peddavutapally. He also said that we will undergo sufferings because of children. We said it is ok, we will bear it. 

On a Friday, my wife was having Tulasi Pooja and then found a goa fruit there and she ate it. She found it to be very tasty. She said this is the wonder by Brother Joseph Thamby. We waited for a child with great faith. He visited our house several times. 

Before three months to his death, one day at 2o clock he came to our house. He said “I was on my way to Vatluru and on the way I was taking rest under a banyan tree. Then with an angel three persons came and told me not to go to Vatluru and that I have to stay back in Peddavutapally. They said that I am going to die on 14 January and I have to make a coffin box.” Then he asked my wife, “Do you believe that you are going to have a child?” My wife replied, “Yes, I believe.” 

Afterwards we forgot about the date of his death; but later when we came to know that he died on that day, we were so shocked and surprised. We kept a picture of him in our house. I was then three months pregnant. I gave birth to a baby boy and we named him Joji [Joseph]. Now he is 23 years old. We were not able to understand him fully while he was alive. Since we were Hindus, it took time to understand him. He taught us about Christ, but we did not understand. We thought Jesus is also like one among the other gods. 

Brother Joseph Thamby was a good man. My business was flourishing. In 1942, Brother Joseph Thamby came to me and asked for a bed sheet. He told that he would give that bed sheet to one old woman in Vallurupalem village. I gave to him one bed sheet and he went and gave it to that old woman. After few days, he came back to me giving money for that bed sheet. 

He gave to me a watch to keep with me. But one of my brothers-in-law took it to Vijayawada and gave it in the clock shop for repair. The shop fellow stole it and never gave it back. After almost 3 years later, Brother Joseph Thamby came and asked me for the watch. I said that it was lost. Brother said, “Don’t worry; it went to its right place.” I felt very sad for losing the watch. I felt like I lost the treasure. 

Before his death, he told me, “In your difficulties, remember me and meditate; I would appear you with blood filled wounds, but do not be afraid, continue to pray and I will do favour for you.” 

In our family difficulties we always remember him and pray and thus we are able to overcome all the difficulties. All our family members believe in him. We visit his tomb very often and pray.  

Mamilla Suryanarayana 
Mamilla Mangamma (Wife) 
1968

No comments:

Post a Comment