Sunday 4 November 2018

TESTIMONY 56

TESTIMONY 56

Name: Ms. Susilamma 
Surname: Madala 
Date & Place of Birth: Telaprolu 
Profession / Occupation: House wife 
Address: THelaprolu Village, Krishna District, Andhra Pradesh State 
Relationship: Direct Witness 
Date of Written Witness: 2006

When I was about to deliver, Fr. Calderaro sent me in American hospital. Brother Joseph Thamby came to me in the early morning of every day and asked, “Child, you have to pray and you will come up in your life.” My mother-in-law also requested Brother Joseph Thamby to pray for me. We all prayed together. When we have returned from Vijayawada, we have received Baptism. After receiving Baptism, Brother Joseph Thamby visited our house every four or five days. He used to ask me, “Child, are you praying?” We all replied, ‘Yes, we are all praying every day’. He said, I am also praying for your family’s well-being and surely your family will come up.” 

I witnessed when I came to the Church that he used to feed 10 to 12 people with the food which is hardly enough for one person. I have witnessed to this several times. We use to think, ‘How fortunate Brother Joseph Thamby!’ Our house is visited by so many people (reddlu). Brother Joseph Thamby helped us in making food for all of them within no time. He showed us so many miracles. As gratitude, these people (reddlu), constructed a house for elderly people. Brother Thamby used to play with children in our house when he came to visit us. He used to come once in every four or five days. 

Once I made one of our relative’s families to take baptism and they have received it. When Brother came to know, he scolded me saying that you should not have done this. I said that I did it my mistake. He said that the family will never come up in life, because they have no faith. As he said, the family never came up in life and all the members were scattered in different places. 

I can truly witness that I was one of those people who heard Brother Joseph Thamby foretelling the day of his death. As he foretold, he died on 15th January 1945 in the house of Boyapati Francis. 

He also used to feed the catechists who come to receive their salaries from parish priest. He used to feed many with the little food that he had. I have witnessed to two or three times. 

I have also heard that Brother Joseph Thamby reached Vatluru before the parish priest reached. He has some gift of God that he used to go faster wherever he wished. 

This happened after the death of Brother Joseph Thamby. One day, one family cooked chicken curry. As they were eating, one of the bones struck in the mouth of a woman in the family. The girl was brought to our house, since we know the family very well. I took the girl to the tomb of Brother Joseph Thamby and prayed and she was alright very soon. On another occasion, her daughter-in-law was seriously sick, the family came to the tomb of Brother Joseph Thamby and prayed and she was cured immediately. 

Brother Joseph Thamby died in the house of Boyapati Francis and Claramma. I could not come on that day, because I just gave birth to my second child. We were all so sad to hear the death of Brother Joseph Thamby. He died on the day (15 January 1945) which he himself prophesied. He did so many miracles while he was alive. He fed so many people. We are always grateful to Brother Joseph Thamby. It is because of him, we have received Baptism and came up in life. 
 
Ms. Susilamma Madala 
2006

No comments:

Post a Comment