Thursday 22 November 2018

TESTIMONY 39

TESTIMONY 39

Name: Ms. Agnes 
Surname: Thelagathoti, W/o Paul Thelagathoti 
Mother: Leyamma Kureti 
Profession / Occupation: R.C.M. School Teacher 
Date & Place of Birth: Prodduturu Village 
Address: R.C.M. School, Manikonda Village, Krishna District, Andhra Pradesh State 
Relationship: Direct Witness 
Date of Written Witness: 1968

Thelagathoti Paul, my husband was a teacher in R.C.M. School in Manikonda. For the feast on 24 December 1944, he stitched a new shirt without the knowledge me his wife. He wore it also on 26 December and on 27th morning as he was getting fresh up, his leg slipped and fell down and injured on the wrist of his right hand. We have not done anything on that day. But next day, he experienced severe pain. His mother-in-law Kudari Leyamma [my mother] took him to the doctor known to her, but the pain did not reduce. 

His mother-in-law told him that we would go to Brother Joseph Thamby in Peddavutapally who was healing many sick people. As soon as Brother Joseph Thamby saw us, laughed and said to Paul, “You stitched a shirt without telling your wife. It is ok and do not repeat it.” We all were surprised how he would know this. He applied the oil on the hand and tied it. He told to recite three rosaries every day. It is 10 miles from Peddavutapally to Manikonda. On our way back, Paul experienced that the pain reduced. In few days’ time, the pain completely reduced and his hand was fine. 

This incident took place in my native place Prodduturu village. Brother Joseph Thamby came to Prodduturu village on 15 January 1944. He came with the dirty clothes. My mother Kudari Leyamma washed his clothes. Since his clothes did not dry, he stayed that night in our house. At night he slept on a cot in veranda. I slept with my little child Heleenamma on the other side. I got up in the night. I heard him saying, ‘O satan, go away from this house’. He was moving all around in the house and praying. I was frightened but later slept well. In the morning I could not see his face because of fear. He told my mother, “Leyamma, do not worry, I chased away the Satan from your house.” 

In December 1944, Brother Joseph Thamby healed my husband Thelagathoti Paul. On 15 January 1944 he chased away the Satan from my mother’s house. Since then we became very close to Brother Joseph Thamby. We became like his devotees. Very often we visited him in Peddavutapally and listened to his spiritual words. After his death on 15 January 1946 [1945], we offered Masses for him. In 1948, my elder daughter Heleenamma had severe ear pain. She suffered whole night. Puss was coming out of the ear. We gave lot of medicine but did not cure. We were used to remember Brother Joseph Thamby for any small or big difficulty in our family. Not able to see her pain and suffering, we showed the photo of Brother Joseph Thamby praying for his intercession. Then she slept well. His father Thelagathoti Paul offered a Mass at Pedavutapally seeking the intercession of Brother Joseph Thamby for the good health of Heleenamma. Soon, her ear got cured. 

Thelagathoti Agnes 
R.C.M. School Teacher 
Manikonda village

No comments:

Post a Comment